Monday, July 6, 2015

Val Measures Out Her Life In Contest Places

OH...YEAH! (Said with the force and intonation of the walking, talking, wall-breaking Kool-Aid pitcher-man).

Early results are in, and it appears that this ol' Val has not lost her touch. One of her submissions has garnered her a very special award. And it ain't a leg lamp in a crate marked FRAH JEE LAY.

Indeed, Val has achieved an honorable mention in the Saturday Writers "Elements in Your Writing" contest, in the WATER division. That's right. Here's a link for proof, the last contest results on the list right now, lest you think Val is jabbering her jaws, flinging her fingers, carousing her keyboard in an effort to pull the wool over your eyes. Of course I'm anonymous here...so you'll have to take my word that the One Man's Hot Tub story is mine. ALL MINE! I was going to call it One Man's Junk, but I feared that somebody might misconstrue my usage of junk as slang for...well...you know.

Excuse me. I had to suck in some air. I was running out of breath from all of this self-horn tooting. I was nigh on needing to strap on Hick's breather for a moment. And speaking of...that's a whole other story that I submitted for last month's AIR theme. I won't be holding my breath waiting on the results. Heh, heh. See what I did there?

An added perk of this monumental achievement is that my story will be printed in the annual Saturday Writers anthology. My dry spell is over. And with my UPCOMING RETIREMENT fast approaching (I'm only doing this for Sioux. She likes to be updated as often as possible. I'm thinking of putting the countdown at the bottom of each post!), I just might get back into the swing of this literary endeavor before I kick off.

Special thanks to my blog buddy Linda for her selfless help with this hopeless mess we call Val. She fine-tuned this story in its earliest incarnation, and like a mother's saliva thumb-rubbed on a dirty face, made my hairwad hot tub story presentable for the public. Or at least for the judge of the Saturday Writers.

There are still a couple of contests left this year, for any of you who want to get off your duffs and submit. Check it out here. Don't cost nothin' to read, and only $7 to submit. Cheaper than a box of gas station chicken!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Maybe I'll let you in on some secret package-opening tips sometime.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for you, and glad your dry spell is over. Imagine how far you'll go once you've retired and you can focus on your writing. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Congratulations to your own self on your SOUPER news!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Val. I guess I will have to buy a copy to read your story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Well...I would email it to you, but you're too busy preparing for your French vacation, and I'm too busy preparing for my UPCOMING RETIREMENT!

      Delete
  4. This is the second congratulations I've handed out to a writer today! Congratulations, Val!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Stephen made SOUP! I can't top that, short of my Pulitzer Prize arriving in the mail before midnight.

      Delete
  5. I always knew you wrote well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You are so kind! And a more of a winner than me with fake headlines!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I loved that story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your are the bleach inside my jets! That wind beneath the wings thing has been overdone, don't you think? And besides, a hot tub doesn't have wings.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's not much, but it's better than not entering, and better than not placing!

      Delete